The Virgin's Pride.




Believe it or not, I am still a virgin...when it comes to European gay pride. In my three years of stay here in Spain, I haven't been to one yet although in Torremolinos, every Saturday is a gay pride day. You just can't miss the towering transvestites who look like they're early (or late) for the Halloween. However, it is rightfully so that you don't go to the pride march if you only want to see trannies, muscled Marys, transsexuals or plain homos in costume. Attending one is like renewing your vow to gayhood and celebrating the right to be free from any form of oppressions. As every faggot in the world know, gay pride started with the Stonewall riots which gave way to the birth of gay right movements all around the world. Although now, the pride march seemed to be more like a big excuse for the gay community to have a massive party (legally) and to get laid afterwards, it is and will be a reminder that we exist. We're here, we're queer and there's nothing you can do about that, hypocrites.





So this Saturday, Antonio and I will buy the tickets for our Madrid trip (the main event by the way is on the 30th of this month. see poster) and I just hope that we could get some because last year, we had a horrible experience trying to get a bus to Madrid from here in Malaga. We were at the ticket office Friday afternoon and the office was closed. First thing Saturday, we went back and they told us the tickets are sold out. Imagine, we had our luggage with us already at that time! So, we had our own celebration in Torremolinos that night where it was, of course, empty because everyone was in MADO.

Back in the fabulous third world where I came from, The GayPride is held on the last Saturday of June as well, I think. I had my first taste of the parade when I was with my first boyfriend which was Vietnamese-Filipino. It was all new to me and I was running away from the TV cameras covering the event. I just graduated from college at that time and I didn't want my parents to see my face plastered on the six o'clock news, no? From then on, I made it a point to join every year. The last one was the white party in MALATE which is like the Castro version of Manila. It was pouring at that time and my girl-friends and I were dancing on the street with ¨Let the sunshine in¨ playing like mad in the air. It was absolutely brilliant.

So, just like every gaypride, I am again frantic and worry a lot. I don't worry about how many condoms and what flavours I should take that night or how many men I should sleep with, or if I ever get to meet the man of my dream...the one with exploding muscles and a hard hat, but what I am soooo worried about is the usual suspect: WHAT TO WEAR.

I am thinking of coming like this:
but then again, i still have to lose another 10 kilos ( from 80 kilos I'm now 69 , by the way. Fierce!) to pull that off. And Hair! I would be needing lots of them! Blonde of course. Although the Paris Hilton outfit in the New York wax museum wouldn't be a bad idea at all.

However, I told myself, If I wouldn't be Paris for a day, I am not gonna dress up like any celebs at all. So I opted instead for this:
Wacha say people? nice huh? hehehe. I think it's perfect. As a EuroPride Virgin, this sweet and innocent costume is but fierce. The only thing I would be needing now are some lollies and a great teacher to show this little schoolgirl the ways of the world...